March 28, 2008

"Candidate Voice of the People" Article
LaPorte Herald-Argus
March 27, 2008

Scott Ford: Let Me Put My Experience To Work For You

A county councilman is a guardian of the taxpayers' treasure. County law enforcement, juvenile, and jail consume over 50 percent of the total budget. Spiraling health-care costs will continue to consume large parts of our county budget. Federal and state governments continue to issue unfunded mandates. This forces us to manage our spending very aggressively. My business experience gives me the tools to make tough decisions.

Our roads, bridges, water, and other infrastructures in La Porte County need millions in improvements. La Porte County and our region are in economic transition. La Porte County sits right in the path of the second largest trade corridor in North America. Our world is changing. Global trade will double by 2020 and triple by 2060. We need new leadership who understands these facts and looks for opportunities where skeptics only see problems. We must take advantage of our strategic location.

My B.S. degree from Ball State and business experience give me solid financial skills. I'm the only candidate in either party who has over 25 years experience managing the supply chain for companies including IBM, Xerox, Georgia Pacific, Lipton, Pillsbury, and now Alcoa/Howmet. Let me put my education and business experience to work for you. I ask for your support. Please vote on May 6. My Web site is http://scottyford.blogspot.com.

SCOTT FORD
Democratic Candidate for La Porte County Council At-Large